Suzlon S88 (S82 – S97)
General introduction to S88 Wind Turbines
The first turbines in the S8X series from Suzlon were manufactured in 2004 and eventually phased out in 2015. A total capacity of 5712 MW was installed worldwide during this time period.
S88 turbines have an asynchronous generator, using an SFS (Suzlon Flexi Slip) system, which enables the generator to run with a high slip, operating within a limited speed range. The generator and the pitch system work together to achieve an optimized energy performance within a wide wind range with low loads.
The S88 turbines are especially suited for medium wind speeds and feature a robust design enabling them to withstand extreme weather conditions.
Take control of your S88 with a retrofit solution
All the S8X-2.1 MWs are installed with Bachmann hardware and LUST LTi PITCHmaster (CDE 54.XXX). The NWT retrofit solution for Suzlon S88 updates the existing Bachmann hardware platform with new software.
By updating the software in your turbine, you attain complete control of the turbine data and parameter settings as well as independency from Suzlon.
The software update does not require any changes to the hardware and all safety features are left fully functioning e.g. our retrofit solution is completely safe.
We simply replace the Compact Flash card in the Bachmann Controller. The installation process is efficient and your turbine is up and running again within 1-2 hours.
Retrofit on Suzlon S88 turbines
Updating your S88 not only puts control of your turbine back into your hands; it also offers many other benefits such as:
- Upgraded data access and improved service tools to lower O&M costs
- Access to spare part supply chain, spare parts available directly from the manufacturers
- Pitch module (MOOG)
- Soft starter (IXYS)
- Grid module (WOODWARD)
- Suzlon Flexi Slip module (Bachmann)
- Optimized availability and energy production with control of mechanical loads
- Flexibility to add own extensions, including sensors or CMS system
- Enhanced remote turbine monitoring and control
- Power curtailment and reactive power control, enabling previously unattainable incentives by complying with modern grid codes
- Fast installation time, only 1-2 hours downtime for installation
For further information, please feel free to contact us or take a look at our whitepapers (links)