Senvion – MM70 (MM70 – MM100)
General information about the Senvion MM70 wind turbine
The production of the MM series wind turbines from Senvion began in 2002 and today more than 8000+ MW of total capacity is installed worldwide.
The generator in Senvion MM series turbines is a DEFIG generator with frequency converter. It works in conjunction with the DC pitch system to make optimal energy yields within a wide wind range with low loads possible.
Bachmann solution for the Senvion MM70 wind turbine
All of the turbines in Senvion’s MM series contain a Bachmann controller. The Senvion MM70 retrofit solution from Nordic Wind Technology updates the Bachmann controller with new software.
The installation process is uncomplicated and fast. We simply replace the Compact Flash card in the Bachmann Controller and the turbine is up and running again within an hour or two.
The software update does not interfere with the existing hardware and the safety features in the turbine e.g. overspeed guard, vibration protection etc. remain as they were before the update. The same applies to the pitch and converter systems which will continue using the native parameter configurations.
Advantages of retrofitting your Senvion MM70 wind turbine
The Senvion MM70 retrofit solution from Nordic Wind Technology offers turbine owners/operators a long list of benefits, chief of which are full control of the turbine, access to all parameter settings and independency from the OEM. Other benefits of the software update include:
- Upgraded data access and improved service tools to lower O&M costs
- Access to spare part supply chain, spare parts available directly from the manufacturers
- Pitch module (MOOG and L & B)
- Converter (WOODWARD, ABB)
- Grid module (WOODWARD)
- Optimized availability and energy production with control of mechanical loads
- Flexibility to add own extensions, including sensors or CMS system
- Enhanced remote turbine monitoring and control
- Power curtailment and reactive power control, enabling previously unattainable incentives by complying with modern grid codes
- Fast installation time, only 1 to 2 hours downtime for installation