Suzlon – S70 (S62 – S70)
General information about Suzlon S70 wind turbines
Manufacturing of the S6X series wind turbines began in 2002 and Suzlon eventually phased out production in 2016. Around 3673.75 MW of total capacity is installed around the globe (counting S70, S64 and similar turbines).
Suzlon built the S70 turbines with an asynchronous generator and a SFS (Suzlon Flexi Slip) system, enabling the generator to run with a high slip. In combination with the pitch system, the generator ensures an optimized energy performance with low loads within a wide wind range.
Nordic Wind Technology offers two certified retrofit solutions for Suzlon S70 turbines – a MITA solution and a Bachmann solution.
MITA solution for Suzlon S70 turbines
The older S70 models are installed with MITA WP3000 hardware and LUST LTi DriveStat (UDS 035 Analog). The retrofit solution for these models consists of a software update and a new MITA controller WP4000.
Bachmann solution for Suzlon S70 turbines
The newer S70 models are installed with Bachmann hardware and LUST LTi DriveStat (UDS 035 CAN) or LUST LTi PITCHmaster (CDE 54.XXX). The retrofit solution for these models updates the Bachmann hardware platform with new software.
Advantages of retrofit on Suzlon S70 turbines
As a wind turbine owner/operator chances are that you have built up quite a lot of frustration trying – and failing – to gain full access and control of your turbines.
The lack of access and control as well as the general dependency on the OEM is a major obstacle for many turbine owners/operators – but one easily solved with a retrofit solution from Nordic Wind Technology.
Our software update not only provides you with complete access to your Suzlon S70 turbine data and parameter settings; it also gives you 100% independency from Suzlon as well as a score of other advantages:
- Upgraded data access and improved service tools to lower O&M costs
- Access to spare part supply chain, spare parts available directly from the manufacturers
- Pitch module (MOOG)
- Soft starter (IXYS)
- Grid module (WOODWARD)
- Suzlon Flexi Slip module (Bachmann)
- Optimized availability and energy production with control of mechanical loads
- Flexibility to add own extensions, including sensors or CMS system
- Enhanced remote turbine monitoring and control
- Power curtailment and reactive power control, enabling previously unattainable incentives by complying with modern grid codes
- Fast installation time, only 1-2 hours downtime for installation
For further details please feel free to contact us.