Introduction to Suzlon S111 wind turbines
The first S111 wind turbines from Suzlon were manufactured and grid connected in 2015. A total of 1354 MW capacity is installed worldwide.
S111 wind turbines feature a combination of an asynchronous induction generator and a DFIG – enabling the turbines to achieve optimum results within a broad wind range.
In addition, the S111 wind turbines are built to withstand extreme weather conditions and accommodate different climates.
We offer a Bachmann solution for Suzlon S111
All the S111-2.1 MWs are installed with Bachmann hardware and LUST LTi PITCHmaster (CDE 54.XXX). The NWT retrofit solution for Suzlon S111 updates the existing Bachmann hardware platform with new software without interfering with the existing hardware in any way.
Why upgrade your Suzlon S111 turbine with a retrofit solution?
By updating your S111 software, you obtain full control of the turbine data, access to parameter settings and 100% independence from the OEM.
The dependency on the OEM is one of the most significant downsides of owning a wind turbine and often the cause of a considerable amount of frustration on the part of the owner/operator.
Besides full control and access to your S111 the NWT retrofit solution from Nordic Wind Technology offers a long list of other added benefits.
Benefits of retrofit on your Suzlon S111 wind turbine
- Upgraded data access and improved service tools to lower O&M costs
- Access to spare part supply chain, spare parts available directly from the manufacturers
- Pitch module (MOOG)
- Soft starter (IXYS)
- Grid module (WOODWARD)
- Suzlon Flexi Slip module (Bachmann)
- Optimized availability and energy production with control of mechanical loads
- Flexibility to add own extensions, including sensors or CMS system
- Enhanced remote turbine monitoring and control
- Power curtailment and reactive power control, enabling previously unattainable incentives by complying with modern grid codes
- Fast installation time, only 1-2 hours downtime for installation