Senvion – MM82 (MM70 – MM100)
General information about Senvion MM82 wind turbines
Senvion began manufacturing their MM82 wind turbines in 2004 based on the technology of the older RePower MD77 model. The MM82 is especially well-suited for locations with hight restrictions and high wind speed regimes. It features a DEFIG generator with frequency converter and a DC pitch system.
Bachmann solution for Senvion MM82 wind turbines
All of the turbines in the MM series from Senvion are installed with a Bachmann controller. The NWT retrofit solution for Senvion MM82 turbines updates the Bachmann controller platform with new software without interfering with the hardware.
Unlike many other retrofit solutions our software update leaves all wires, sensors etc. untouched. Likewise, the pitch and converter system will remain as they were before the update i.g., they will still use the commissioned Senvion parameter configurations.
In summary: the NWT retrofit solution for Senvion MM82 wind turbines is a safe solution keeping the safety chain of the turbine intact while offering owners/operators a long list of advantages.
Benefits of retrofit on Senvion MM82 wind turbines
There are several reasons why wind turbine owners/operators might choose to retrofit their turbines, chief of which is to gain independency from the OEM and enhanced access and control of their turbines.
The NWT Retrofit Solutions offers full control and 100% independency as well as a long list of other advantages:
- Upgraded data access and improved service tools to lower O&M costs
- Access to spare part supply chain, spare parts available directly from the manufacturers
- Pitch module (MOOG and L & B)
- Converter (WOODWARD, ABB)
- Grid module (WOODWARD)
- Optimized availability and energy production with control of mechanical loads
- Flexibility to add own extensions, including sensors or CMS system
- Enhanced remote turbine monitoring and control
- Power curtailment and reactive power control, enabling previously unattainable incentives by complying with modern grid codes
- Fast installation time, only 1 to 2 hours downtime for installation