Suzlon – S82 (S82 – S97)
General information about Suzlon S82 turbines
Suzlon inducted the S82 turbine in 2006 and phased out production in 2015. During these years a combined capacity of around 3034.5 MW was installed worldwide.
S82 turbines contain an asynchronous generator with a SFS (Suzlon Flexi Slip) system enabling the generator to run with a high slip and operate within a restricted speed range.
This – in combination with the pitch system – makes optimized energy performance within a wide wind range with low loads possible. The S82 is, however, especially effective in locations with moderate wind speed regimes.
Bachmann solution for Suzlon S82 turbines
S8X-2.1 MW turbines are installed with Bachmann hardware and LUST LTi PITCHmaster (CDE 54.XXX). The retrofit solution from Nordic Wind Technology updates the original Bachmann hardware platform with new software.
A certified and completely safe retrofit solution
Are you worried about the safety of updating your Suzlon turbine? There is no need – our retrofit solution for Suzlon S82 turbines is certified and completely safe.
The solution consists of a software update that does not interfere with the original hardware in any way. This ensures that the safety chain is unbroken e.g. all turbine safety features such as overspeed guard, vibration protection etc. are left fully functioning.
The software installation process is efficient and we follow a well-proven installation and commissioning procedure.
For further information about the Suzlon Software Safety Validation please contact us.
Benefits of retrofitting Suzlon S82 turbines
- Upgraded data access and improved service tools to lower O&M costs
- Access to spare part supply chain, spare parts available directly from the manufacturers
- Pitch module (MOOG)
- Soft starter (IXYS)
- Grid module (WOODWARD)
- Suzlon Flexi Slip module (Bachmann)
- Optimized availability and energy production with control of mechanical loads
- Flexibility to add own extensions, including sensors or CMS system
- Enhanced remote turbine monitoring and control
- Power curtailment and reactive power control, enabling previously unattainable incentives by complying with modern grid codes
- Fast installation time, only 1-2 hours downtime for installation