Suzlon S97 – (S82 – S97)
General introduction to S97 turbines
Suzlon launched its S9X series turbines in 2011 and phased out production of the S97 turbines in 2018. Today more than 2800 MW of total capacity is installed worldwide.
The S97 turbines are powered by an asynchronous induction generator with DFIG. This enables the generator to run with a high slip, operating within a limited speed range.
In combination with the Pitch system, the energy performance is optimized within a wide wind range with low loads.
Notably, the Suzlon S97 turbines are especially suitable for onsite conditions with low wind speeds since the blade profile is designed to maximize energy generation in low wind regimes.
Bachmann solution for Suzlon S97 Wind Turbines
All the S8X-2.1 MWs are installed with Bachmann hardware and LUST LTi PITCHmaster (CDE 54.XXX). The retrofit solution for Suzlon S97 updates the existing Bachmann hardware platform with new software.
Retrofit on Suzlon S97 turbines:
The NWT retrofit solution for S97 turbines is designed to put power back into the hands of the turbine owner/operator. It offers a long list of benefits, chief of which is full independency from Suzlon:
- Upgraded data access and improved service tools to lower O&M costs
- Access to spare part supply chain, spare parts available directly from the manufacturers
- Pitch module (MOOG)
- Soft starter (IXYS)
- Grid module (WOODWARD)
- Suzlon Flexi Slip module (Bachmann)
- Optimized availability and energy production with control of mechanical loads
- Flexibility to add own extensions, including sensors or CMS system
- Enhanced remote turbine monitoring and control
- Power curtailment and reactive power control, enabling previously unattainable incentives by complying with modern grid codes
- Fast installation time, only 1-2 hours downtime for installation
Update your S97 without interfering with the hardware
The Nordic Wind Technology Retrofit Solution for Suzlon S97 not only stands out because of the many benefits listed above, but also because it is a software-only solution e.g. it does not interfere in any way with wires, sensors or any other hardware elements.
Installation is simple and requires a minimum of downtime. We simply replace the Compact Flash card in the Bachmann Controller thus leaving the hardware and all of the original safety features intact and fully functioning.
For further information about the safety of updating your turbine please contact us.